This is my “whittle it down and give me the meat” perspective on the books I’ve read.
The Catch is I’m only giving you a one sentence description for each field.
My purpose is to help other kids like me. I used to dread reading time. Finding great books to explore other worlds that interested me changed my feelings towards reading time.
The Reward is multi-leveled:
- There’s A.R. recess (and that’s fun)
- Feeling like there was no way I could finish such a huge book ever much less in the time my teacher said I should! (but then I did)
- Knowing that there’s always another book waiting for me (whenever I’m ready for it)!
- Sharing a book I liked with a friend
- Comparing a book with it’s movie and knowing what’s different
Title: Treasure Hunters (Book One)
Author: James Patterson & Chris Grabenstein
A.R. Points: 6
Who: The main characters in this book are Bick, Beck, Storm and Thomas.
What: This book is about four kid treasure hunters trying to find their kidnapped parents!
When: 21st century
Where: Cayman Islands, New York and North Carolina.
Why: To find their mom and dad or at least clues.
How: All by boat.
Page Turner Score: Sustained intrest
Font Size Matters: Easy to read
Is There a Movie: No